Sunday, May 2, 2010

Conjunto and Lamb chops

The yearly Squeezebox Conjunto competition/festival took place at the Bullock Museum today. Charles volunteered walking around and I enjoyed sitting and listening to the young talented competitors and performers. It was amazing to watch the youth that were under 19 play a variety of styles of music including, Conjunto, and Zydeco. The Grammy winners Texmanics also played several hits.

About half way though listening and dancing to the music I asked Charles what we were going to do for dinner. He had already planned out the menu in advance and had defrosted Lamb chops. Growing up I had never had lamb chop prepared by my mother. Lamb was associated with World War II. My father and mother had to eat Mutton when beef was not easily affordable. When I would ask for Lamb they both told me they hated the smell of Lamb/Mutton cooking.Charles' mother prepared Lamb chops along with beef. Now I love Lamb and look forward to the dinner and the mint jelly.

After the festival was over we went home and Charles lite the bar-b-que.

Menu for dinner:

Bar-b-que Lamb chops

Mint jelly

Mixed wild rice

Baked asparagrus

Lemon jello with fruit cockltail

No comments:

Post a Comment